The New York Economic Review, an annual peer-reviewed publication, is the official journal of the NYSEA. Indexes of recent issues can be accessed through the links below and searched with the quick search tool above. To search by keyword, author, publication date, etc., please use the advanced search tool.
If you're interested in submitting an article for publication in the Review, please see the submission guidelines listed below.
New York Economic Review
To browse recent issues of the Review, view the abstracts of individual articles and/or download individual articles, please click on the links below.
Proceedings of the New York State Economics Association
Since 2008, the NYSEA has published articles presented at its annual conferences in its edited Proceedings publication. To browse issues of the Proceedings, view the abstracts of individual articles and/or download individual articles, please click on the links below.
Participants in the annual NYSEA conference may submit their paper to Proceedings editor Richard Vogel (SUNY Farmingdale) for publication.
Proceedings of the 2013 conference will be published in the spring of 2014. The deadline for submission is January 20, 2014. Interested authors should see the submission guidelines listed below.
Abstracts of Papers Presented at the Annual Conferences of the New York State Economics Association
Hardcopy publication of conference abstracts was discontinued in 2000 and replaced by online publication at this website. Three issues of the abstracts were published online before the series was discontinued in 2003.
Guidelines for Submitting Manuscripts to the New York Economic Review
The New York Economic Review is an annual journal, published in the Fall. The Review publishes theoretical and empirical articles, and also interpretive reviews of the literature. We also encourage short articles. The Review's policy is to have less than a three month turnaround time for reviewing articles for publication.
The submission fee is $25 (U.S.) for non-members, which confers a one-year NYSEA membership. Please observe the following submission guidelines:
- Please submit three copies of a manuscript.
- All manuscripts are to be typed, double spaced and proofread. Prepared on a IBM PC/compatible computer in Microsoft Word format, the computer disk should be submitted in addition to the three hard copies.
- All charts and graphs must be reproduction quality (Microsoft Word or Excel).
- Footnotes should appear at the end of the article under the heading
- Citations in the text should include the author and year of publication, as found in the references, in brackets. For instance (Marshall, 1980).
- A compilation of bibliographic entries should appear at the very end of the manuscript under the heading References.
Manuscripts should be sent to:
William P. O'Dea
The New York Economic Review
Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting
Division of Economics and Business
State University College at Oneonta
Oneonta, NY 13820
The NYER is cited in:
- Ulrich's International Periodicals Directory
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities in Business and Economics
Guidelines for Submitting Manuscripts to the Proceedings
Participants in the annual NYSEA conference who would like to publish their work in the Proceedings volume should electronically submit a copy of their paper to editor Richard Vogel (SUNY Farmingdale) at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Proceedings of the 2013 conference will be published in the spring of 2014.
The deadline for submission is January 20, 2014. Papers are limited to ten pages, including tables, figures and appendices. Papers must be submitted in Microsoft Word format and must conform to the NYSEA's formatting standards.
The editor reserves the right to include only those articles in the Proceedings that reflect the standards of the New York State Economics Association.